From here we start… Our message
The Ministry of Works, Municipality Affairs and Urban Planning message aim towards providing different services to the Bahraini community through providing various services to every home and commercial shop, and the Ministry provides services to citizens, residents and business owners alike.
The ministry provides its services at a high level of proficiency and speed to meet the needs of the beneficiaries, with flexibility in coordination between the authorities concerned to meet the public needs.
The Ministry contributes in the overall development of the Kingdom of Bahrain. With the preparation of the 2030 vision of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the initiatives of the Economic Development Board and its efforts to create a governmental environment in economic and social development, the ministry has become a key partner in the development plans.
The Ministry provided community services that respond to local needs, thereby enhancing the confidence of citizens and residents in the Government.
The Ministry is currently striving to achieve a qualitative leap in performance by investing the resources available to achieve this transformation, especially with the ability of the Kingdom to create jobs and achieve economic growth based on development and competition in the business sector.
The Ministry of Works, Municipality Affairs and Urban Planning undertakes a comprehensive review of its performance to serve the community and contribute to the 2030 Vision Economic achievement. The senior management seeks to identify suitable solutions for the following issues:
- What role should the Ministry play to support economic and social development in the Kingdom of Bahrain?
- What functions and activities should the Ministry undertake?
- What are the appropriate management frameworks to deliver services effectively and at reasonable prices?
The Solutions to these issues require institutional re-engineering Surrounded the development of a strategy to build an effective, flexible, dynamic and responsive government.
The Ministry of Works, Municipality Affairs and Urban Planning aims to achieve balanced urban development through the establishment of an integrated structure for the implementation of the national strategic planning plan, in addition to meeting the 2030 economic vision of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The mission of the Ministry of Works, Municipal Affairs and Urban Planning is to contribute in the enhancement of Bahrain's status as an economy and economic center by preparing effective policies and regulations for the urban planning, municipal and agricultural sectors to respond to the needs of Bahraini society.
We strive to provide the requirements of sustainable urban development by providing high quality planning, municipal and agricultural services, in coordination with the legislative councils, the municipal councils and, government agencies.
The Ministry of Works, Municipality Affairs and Urban Planning is committed to the national values set out in 2030 Vision.
These values are based on fairness, competitiveness and sustainability in providing high quality services in terms of community and environmental responsibility.
- Strengthening the spirit of institutional affiliation to achieve the objectives of the ministry and to give it the priority to any other goals.
- Maintain Proficiency and professionalism to accomplish services and tasks according to the highest standards.
- Achieve outstanding results through teamwork.
- Enhancing principles of learning and developing through benefiting from the experience of others in providing efficient services.
- Working in ways that achieve transparency and professionalism responsibility at work.
Important issues and development initiatives
The objectives of these initiatives are:
- Redirecting the ministry towards the management policies, planning, programming, monitoring, evaluation and project management, while assigning the implementation and delivery of services to the private sector and the municipalities themselves. This allows the ministry to focus on its development role in urban areas, support the growth of the economy and raise the professional level of engineering offices, contractors and small and medium enterprises. Job opportunities for Bahraini citizens to accommodate young talent and university graduates.
- Improving regulatory frameworks and developing legislation aimed at raising the efficiency and quality of services and projects. To achieve this, we must update and develop standards and specifications, and modernize and develop the methods of rehabilitation of suppliers and contractors.
- Responding to the development of the role of the government and the development role of the Economic Development Board, which provides the strategic framework for government and private action, while unifying the efforts of government agencies towards a unified vision, as well as the role of the e-government Authority in preparing technical, administrative and executive frameworks to develop government services and develop necessary partnerships.
- Develop policies on fee systems, retrieval methods, and user fees for utilities.
- Revealing the feasibility of changing the structure of the provision of some services carried out by the ministry and transfer them to independent bodies or the private sector, as happened in the contracts of cleaning and collection of solid waste, and is subject to this structure to the standards of efficiency and effectiveness, in line with the ministry's orientation to become more focused and highly efficient.
- Outsourcing services and projects, as well as strengthening the internal capacity of the Ministry to manage the services provided by third parties (cleaning services, waste collection and recycling, maintenance services, guarding).
- Raising public awareness of the services provided by the ministry while improving the good and safe use of utilities and public services, in addition to raising awareness about the appropriate living behaviors with the green cities.
- Support IT management and transform it into a department that supports the ministry's strategy in management information systems and decision support, while engaging in e-government applications.
- Enhancing the concept of performance management in order to develop the culture of the ministry, which stems from the challenges and the role played by the ministry and its impact on the national level in Bahrain. The ministry's leadership seeks to build this culture based on the values it adopts in building effective work teams, good communication, Mastery, learning and continuous development
- The focus is on the human resources, which requires re-engineering the concept of human resources management. This is based on the fact that the ministry deals with a large number of service projects, which affects the daily lives of citizens.
- Integrating the administrative infrastructure of the ministry and strengthening the supporting administrative functions such as coordination, follow-up and archiving, procurement and tenders, public relations and communication.
- Integrating administrative information systems, developing the ministry's operations towards e-government, improving customer service systems and providing information.
- These improvements and proposals from the Government of Bahrain require the building of advanced policy management capacities capable of evaluating strategies and plans that enable different sectors to grow in harmony and sustainably.
Strategic objectives and sub-targets
Strategic development objectives have been formulated based on strategic directions, an assessment of opportunities and modernization in 2014, issues related to economic development and 2030 National Vision, and a draft strategy for the Ministry.
These objectives include management processes that serve the Ministry's sectors and the objectives of these sectors.
The processes and instruments covered by the strategic and sub-objectives include the following:
- General Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management / Accounting
- Information Technology
- Urban Planning Sector
- Municipalities sector
- Agriculture sector